Thursday 9 January 2014

WHATS IN MY MAKEUP BAG.

Hey guys! So I thought I would do this as I've had my blog for a little while now, and I personally love reading this post. Now everything in my makeup is from the drugstore and is all very affordable. I shall try and leave the prices underneath.
(please excuse my babygrow in the corner, i really need to get better
at taking pictures tbh oops)


The first product is pretty boring, but it is an essential for me as I suffer from really bad dry and cracked lips. Excuse the state of the pot, it has been well loved and is looking damaged but oh well. Find Vaseline in many drugstores for around £1.99.





 The second product is the Rimmel 'Wake Me Up' foundation which I apply using the Real Techniques Buffing Brush (found in the core collection, available in superdrug for £20.99). This foundation is amazing. It leaves a lovely finish and as a medium - full coverage, and is so easy to build up. This foundation is £8.99 in the drugstore. In my personal opinion it is the best drugstore foundation out there.
 I use the foundation with the matching concealer, personally this concealer isn't the best coverage wise but for the price of £5.49 it is pretty good. (I will soon be changing this to the Collection lasting perfection once I have used this one all up). I apply this with a Real Techniques deluxe crease brush which I think blends it beautifully.
Next is my Avon palette, I cannot actually tell you the name of any of these shades as they did not include them on the packaging which is pretty poo of them. As you can see the brown shade is really the only one I use as I use it to fill in my eyebrows. It does an amazing job and stays on all day. 
 Now obviously as a beauty blogger I have to include the Rimmel 'Stay Matte' powder because it is the best one I have ever tried and it is so so so cheap too. It retails at just £3.99! It sets foundation and concealer so beautifully and keeps it on all day and prevents any shine. It's a bargain!
 The MUA mosaic blush in the shade 'English Rose' needs more recognition in my opinion. It is only £2.50 and it is the most amazing blush. It highlights as well and leaves such a beautiful natural looking glow on the skin. I apply this with a French Connection blush brush and it is the best one I've ever tried.
 I got lazy and included all of these in the same photo, sorry! For my waterline eyeliner everyday I use the MUA intense colour eyeliner pencil. It is only £1!

My favorite mascara at the moment is the Rimmel 'Scandaleyes flex'. It doesn't clump any eyelashes together and gives them so much more length and volume. They always have this on offer as well, but the original price is £6.99.

Next is the Rimmel (can you tell I like Rimmel a lot yet or?) 'Glam eyes' liquid eyeliner. I find that the brush makes it so easy to do a perfect wing and it stays on all day without smudging. It is £5.29 in superdrug.

Now is for my most recent makeup purchase and it is now by far my favorite lipstick. It is in the shade 'Inhibition' from Topshop. It stays on all day and has a beautiful matte finish. I prefer this to any other lipsticks from the drugstore. It costs £8 which is fab (and student discount too, woohoo). I recommend everyone to try this because even though it looks a little scary, it is the best.





Anyway guys, thank you for reading. Be sure to follow for more posts to do with beauty and fashion!  I would love to hear what's in your makeup bag too so comment below!

Shannon x

2 comments:

  1. I use the same mascara as you :) I think its absolutely brilliant!
    Jenna x

    www.jennafifi.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post! just nominate you for the Leibster award go check it out!
    http://missace99.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete