Wednesday 14 January 2015

affordable dressing table storage

I am such a mess when it comes to my dressing table and organising it. I will throw my make-up brushes to the side and go about with my day without bothering to clean it up. I've decided that enough is enough and that I need to sort out my dressing table but wanted to do it on a budget without spending a lot of money on fancy storage cases! Carry on reading to find out cute yet cheap ways to make your dressing table organised!

I have this basket on the side of my dressing table to keep all of my hair/random beauty things inside. It is such a good size to fit on most dressing tables I think and it's just such a cute pattern, I got this from the range which is a shop I would recommend anyone to check out if you are after affordable but cute decoration and storage pieces! This basket came in two different sizes but I opted for the larger one!  I tried my very best to find this on the website but I couldn't see it anywhere! In my local store they had loads for only £2.99! (Different colours were available too.)




I own way too many lipsticks (most weren't pictured obviously) and I needed to get myself a holder instead of losing them all of the time and leaving them God knows where in my house. I found this cute little one in Poundland (!!) of all places. They only had one when I went in there so most of my lipsticks are still scattered around but hey, at least it's a start isn't it?!

This holder has room for 6 lipsticks and lip brushes or liners in the middle! It is amazing for only £1 and saved me a lot of money before purchasing from anywhere else!










This one is my personal favourite as it didn't actually cost me anything but still looks adorable on my dressing table and is amazing for holding make-up and other random bits and bobs.

I received a gift-set of socks for Christmas which came in this cardboard holder and I thought instead of chucking it out I could recycle it and use it to hold my foundations! It looks so lovely (I actually have two on my dressing table) and you wouldn't be able to tell that it actually used to hold socks! Brilliant!








And last is just recycled boxes from old gift-sets, these ones are Soap and Glory and a Ted Baker box. After using up most of what originally came in the box I thought it would be a waste just to throw them in the bin considering they look so nice and can come in so handy just for holding the spare bits and bobs which don't really fit or have a place anywhere else. I use these to hold my moisturizers and different creams and lotions in. Perfect for any dressing table!



















Let me know in the comments how you like to organise your dressing table and leave a link if you have a similar post, I would love to give it a read!



No comments:

Post a Comment