Tuesday 6 January 2015

the beauty bloggers tag

As I have taken a break from blogging for the past 10 months I thought I would come back with an updated 'beauty bloggers tag'  this is just so my readers can get to know a bit more about me and I thought it would be a fun post to do as I'm trying to post more often (this will be my second post of the day) and get into the swing of things. So lets begin:
Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?

I started blogging because I have always loved writing, make up and fashion, so what better thing to do than combine the three and make a real hobby out of this! I started my blog in December 2013, but due to college, work and a few other things I couldn't be as dedicated as I wanted to be, so I have recently decided that now would be a better time to properly focus on my blog.

Whose blog did you fall in love with first?

The first blog that I personally fell in love with was Zoe Suggs (www.zoella.co.uk). She is so inspiring and has done so well, she has such a lovely personality and everything about her is entertaining to watch (as well as read).

What was the first blogosphere hyped about product that you bought? Was it worth the hype?

I try so hard not to give into buying products that there is loads of hype around because half the time it's really not worth it, especially if it costs a lot of money, but I think the first product I bought purely because I read about it online would be the 'Bourjois 'Chocolate' Bronzer'. I think everyone has purchased this at some point, and to be honest, I don't hate it, but I also don't love it. The product is good but I could have gone without buying it and not felt like I missed out on anything 'special'

What are you five favourite things about blogging and being a Beauty Blogger?

1. Blogging is a very good way to express your opinion and to also get opinions on products before you buy them, and see what other people say about them and for you to judge for yourself if they are worth the money.
2. The advice from other bloggers! Bloggers are so kind and are always willing to help people and I just love how everyone acts like a family and it's lovely.
3. Talking to new people with the same interests in make-up and fashion as me. Some of my friends in real life aren't as interested in fashion and make-up as I am so it's nice to be able to connect with people online.
4. Writing posts and reading other peoples new posts to see what they love and hate, and possibly find new products to try out. Some products aren't sold in the high street shops so it's nice to see people blogging about smaller brands and being able to try out different things all the time.
5. It is a hobby. I find reading blogs on beauty and fashion very interesting and it's something I love to do in my spare time. I love putting effort into writing and being more 'social', even if it is just over the internet!

What are your top 5 makeup brands?

1. MAC - over the past year or so I have made so many trips to MAC and just fall in love with everything in there! I know MAC is pretty expensive but it is such good quality, you definitely get what you pay for and I recommend it to everyone! 
2. Benefit - another high end brand I'm sorry, but it is worth the money you spend. Benefit 'they're real' mascara is the best mascara ever, and I promise you will not be disappointed with anything Benefit bring out.
3. Urban Decay - I mainly only use Urban Decay for their eye make-up! I'm sure everyone has heard of the Naked Palettes and their Eyeshadow Primer Potion, they are amazing products and I believe everyone should give them a try!
4. Rimmel - these are my favourite drugstore make-up brand by far! The quality of their products are so good and very affordable. I believe this brand is very good for people who are just starting out in make-up and don't yet want to splurge on the bigger brands.
5. MUA - this brand is good for people on a budget and trust me, some of their stuff is amazing and so affordable. Their blushers are only £1 a time and they are so pigmented!

Recommend your top 5 beauty products.. 

1. MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation - this is such an amazing foundation. It has such high coverage and makes your skin look flawless.
2. Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion - this stuff really does help your eye make-up last all day and in my opinion is really affordable!
3. Benefit 'they're real' mascara - honestly, the best mascara I have ever tried. It makes your eyelashes so long and full looking. I will never regret investing in this.
4. MAC lipsticks - I could sit here all day and list all the shades I love, but they are such a good investment and they last for so long!
5. Benefit 'Hoola' Bronzer - this stuff is amazing for contouring your face, it's the most perfect matte shade for most skin tones and really helps to give you defined cheekbones!

I tag anyone reading this to also do this tag and leave a link to them in the comments below!



No comments:

Post a Comment